Service message: Final deadline 28 February 2013. On this date the website will be frozen and no further changes to accounts or reports will be possible. All itemised accounting and end of year request reporting must be complete by this date.
Finance message: All spending should now be complete.
The Executive of the PASCAL Network of Excellence is organised in the bodies listed below:
- Strategic Advisory Council - The Council comprises senior external scientific figures (Sue Becker, Mike Mozer, Helge Ritter, Satinder Singh and Sebastian Thrun), and may also include representatives of national and international funding agencies and of our industrial club. There are two major duties:
There are two major duties:
- To provide input to the debate concerning the overall strategic direction and vision
- To monitor the equity and ethical stance of the network including an appeal procedure in the event of disputes.
- Steering Committee - This is the core committee with overall responsibility for the network. It will comprise a Chair, the Scientific Co-ordinator, the Operational Co-ordinator, the managers of each of the programmes (deputised by their co-managers), gender issues representative, the Financial Officer and the Executive Officer. It will have the following overall responsibilities:
- The main scientific programme
- Internal bidding system
- Overseeing the management of individual programmes and the co-ordination between programmes
- Liaison with other related projects and networks
- Executive Committee - This will be chaired by the Executive Officer (based at University College, London), include the Scientific and Operational Coordinators, the Financial Officer (based at the University of Southampton) and the Web Manager (University of Southampton). It will have day-to-day responsibility for all administrative matters including:
- Budgets and current expenditure on the different budgets
- Quality and risk management systems
- Project management and project management systems
- Report management and reporting standards
- Individual Programme Committees - Each programme will have a Programme Chair and may create its own committee to suit administrative convenience. Thus, for example, the Chair may appoint other scientists, local administrators, etc. to form the committee.
- The Assembly - This comprises one representative from each contractor and has formal responsibility for accession of any amendments to the Technical Annex.